Welcome to Middleton Reutlinger! We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
We work hard to provide an atmosphere that encourages each individual to pursue their own definition of success. We understand that definition is different for everyone and we are committed to offering opportunities for personal involvement and growth to each employee. This atmosphere creates a culture of high performance built on teamwork, respect and excellence.
Below is a list of positions currently available.
Middleton Reutlinger’s Intellectual Property Practice Group is continuing to grow, and we are looking for attorneys with patent prosecution experience. The ideal candidates will have an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering, computer science or electrical engineering. We are looking for attorneys who have the ability to not only understand complex subject matter, but also to be capable of effectively communicating the merits of the technology in a manner that best serves the client’s needs.
Middleton Reutlinger’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, located in Louisville Kentucky, is seeking to hire an attorney to work in the area of trademark, copyright, and related areas. We are looking for candidates with at least two years of legal experience, preferably in the relevant practice area. Strong communication and organization skills, as well as a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn are important and may overcome lack of specific practice area experience. Attention to detail required. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Middleton Reutlinger is seeking an Intellectual Property Paralegal with working knowledge of the Intellectual Property practice. The ideal candidate will have substantial patent and trademark prosecution and international portfolio management experience.
Responsibilities of the Intellectual Property Paralegal:
- Assisting in the prosecution, coordination, and management of the firm’s U.S. and foreign patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Preparing and filing patent, trademark, and copyright applications
- Communicating with clients regarding all IP matters
- Working with clients to obtain information relevant to U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright filings
- Assisting in preliminary trademark searches and reviewing full search reports
- Performing various legal and factual research duties and preparation of reports
- Performing other duties as assigned by attorneys
- Docketing cases and maintaining the firm’s IP database for U.S. and foreign patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Preparing various IP reports
- Working directly with multiple attorneys and other IP paralegals in furtherance of the clients’ IP needs
- Strong attention to detail and expertise working with a large case load (patent and trademark prosecution highly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a demanding paralegal role handling significant numbers of cases or projects
- Must be skilled in multiple computer applications like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and be a proficient user of internal databases
- Experience filing U.S. and foreign patent and trademark applications highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certificate a plus
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and multi-task to complete projects effectively and efficiently
- Strong communication (oral & written) and organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, develop strong relationships, and maintain a positive attitude
- Exercise exceptionally high ethical standards
Job Type: Full-time with competitive salary and benefits
Attorney Recruitment Chair
Daniel W. Redding
2018 Best Places to Work in Kentucky!