No one’s initial plans include a bankruptcy. But sometimes the best laid plans don’t work out, leaving no other options. When a bankruptcy does occur it is critical to resolve it as expeditiously as possible, for creditors and debtors alike. At Middleton Reutlinger, our bankruptcy and creditor’s rights group has the experience, knowledge, and proven record of success our clients need, for both individuals and entities, consumer or business-related.
The past decade has seen profound changes with the enactment of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005. Middleton Reutlinger’s attorneys have the legal skills to guide you through a variety of issues found in Title 11. Bankruptcy practice has never been more demanding, and your future could hinge on making the best choices available to you under stressful conditions.
Middleton Reutlinger’s attorneys can counsel you or your company through either reorganization or liquidation. We also can also help you navigate questions related to secured creditors’ rights, trade creditors, and respective priorities under the Code. While our attorneys are always ready to litigate, they are also savvy negotiators, with a penchant for resolving problems outside of court and outside the box whenever possible.
Middleton Reutlinger’s practice encompasses the entire spectrum of issues related to insolvency and bankruptcy, including:
- Bankruptcy sales
- Business reorganizations
- Trade creditors’ rights
- Secured and unsecured creditors’ priorities
- Creditor committees
- Trustees duties and powers under the Code
- Purchases of insolvent companies
- Discharge issues under all Chapters of the Code
Middleton Reutlinger has a long history representing both secured and unsecured creditors of troubled entities, ensuring they are protected. We help creditors recover pledged collateral, prosecute claims, and realize upon liens and security interests. Some of the services we provide include: restructuring loans, financing Chapter 11 entities, negotiating use of a creditor’s assets by a debtor, defending preference claims, and refuting plans of reorganization.
We zealously represent a range of debtor businesses across multiple areas including: entrepreneurs, retailers, financiers, manufacturers, commercial real estate professionals, wholesalers, distributors, as well as individuals who may have had their business fail for a number of reasons. We work with debtors setting guaranteed obligations, filing Chapter 11 plans marshaling assets, liquidating claims, pursuing preferential transfers and conducting asset sales.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
- 21 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers and 7 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars for 2019December 7, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- November 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 2, 2015