The business litigation team includes a broad variety of commercial business and tort litigation on a local, regional and national level. Attorneys litigate cases throughout Kentucky and the nation, including state, federal and appellate courts. The firm’s attorneys have appeared personally in the United States Supreme Court. Several of the attorneys in the business litigation group have obtained decisions, which have become benchmarks in reported law.
The firm’s experience in business litigation includes:
- Intellectual property litigation including patent and trademark infringement and trade secret litigation
- Antitrust and trade litigation
- Class actions
- Environmental litigation
- Land use & development
- Toxic tort litigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Construction litigation
- Contractual litigation
- Uniform Commercial Code litigation
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Bank and financial institution litigation
- Federal and state tax litigation
- Regulatory actions
- Employment discrimination actions
- Non-competition and non-disclosure actions
- Franchise litigation issues
Business litigation cases have included nationwide antitrust litigation involving the cement industry, securities class actions, large foreclosure litigation, eminent domain litigation, shareholder disputes and construction litigation in a variety of areas, including large electric generating plants.
In intellectual property, the firm has extensive experience in patent infringement litigation, obtaining in one case a verdict in excess of 30 million dollars; trademark infringement actions and trade secret litigation. The firm has obtained numerous restraining orders and injunctions in these areas.
Employment litigation includes employer/employee relations, extensive workers’ compensation defense work, employment discrimination defense, and litigation of non-disclosure and non-competition agreements.
Middleton Reutlinger attorneys are experienced in federal and state tax litigation including a landmark case generating more than 180,000,000 million dollars in state tax refunds.
The common ground of the business litigation attorneys is to understand the client’s business needs and achieve the best result consistent with those needs in the most efficient manner.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
Middleton Reutlinger assists HMS Global Maritime in its complex commercial litigation and protects its intellectual property assets, through prosecution and litigation.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Sypris Solutions in obtaining intellectual property protection for their assets and provides experienced commercial litigation counsel among other services.
- July 9, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Middleton Reutlinger Obtains Significant Sanctions Award for Local Business In Defense of IP LawsuitApril 27, 2018
- April 26, 2018
- March/April 2018Kentucky Bar Association Bench & Bar
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- November 21, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- President Donald J. Trump Nominates Rebecca Grady Jennings to Serve as a District Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of KentuckySeptember 7, 2017The White House Press Office
- August 18, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- April 2017Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- December 2016Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- November 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- August 2016
- 12 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA® and IP Practice is the Only Band 1 Firm in KentuckyAugust 2, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 3, 2015
- May 20, 2015
- June 27, 2014Louisville Business First
- August 24, 2012Business First of Louisville
- January 1, 2007Louisville Business First