Middleton Reutlinger represents health care companies, institutions and individuals throughout the nation. The firm’s health care litigation and medical malpractice group represents national and regional skilled nursing facility or nursing home providers, assisted living communities, as well as administrators and directors of nursing, in litigation and administrative proceedings involving claims of corporate negligence, abuse and neglect, nursing malpractice, Medicaid reimbursement disputes, survey deficiency appeals, criminal and attorney general investigations and contract and admission agreement disputes.
Middleton Reutlinger’s attorneys represent acute care hospitals regionally. The group represents clients in state and federal court and has experience litigating cases to jury trials.
Attorneys in the health care law practice group assist providers with regulatory compliance issues, including False Claims Act, Fraud and Abuse, HIPAA and government audits and provide guidance on the effects of health care reform on health care providers. Middleton Reutlinger attorneys also prepare HIPAA compliant documents, such as HIPAA disclosures and privacy notices. When Medicare/Medicaid compliance regulations are at issue, attorneys represent health care providers in administrative hearings and, if necessary, the appeal of these hearings to state and federal trial courts.
Example of Services Provided:
- Represent national, regional and local long term care clients in high stakes corporate and medical negligence litigation.
- Medical staff issues, including adverse actions and fair hearings, and representation in federal and state courts.
- Acquisition and sale of hospitals, physician practices, home health agencies, diagnostic centers, surgery centers, and other entities.
- Physician contracting, including physician recruitment, employment, professional services agreements (including exclusive agreements for services), and medical office building leases.
- Develop and implement compliance plans for hospitals--including all regulatory areas and coding, fraud, abuse, HIPAA, EMTALA, and others.
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 2, 2015