A significant portion of Middleton Reutlinger’s litigation practice is devoted to the representation of insurance carriers. These include CNA, Hartford, Lloyd's of London, Great American Insurance Company, and many others. This representation includes insurance defense litigation in the following areas:
- Professional negligence defense, including attorneys and accountants
- Nursing home defense
- Educational defense issues
- Personal injury defense
- General liability defense
- Employment matters
- Toxic torts defense
- Intellectual property defense
- Corporate errors and omissions
- Workers' compensation defense
The firm also represents insurance companies in complex coverage issues, including policy exclusions and conflicts created by “overlapping” coverages between insurance carriers.
The firm has been involved in several landmark “coverage” cases including Hartford Insurance Company v. Kentucky School Boards Insurance Trust, 17 S.W.3d 525 (Ky. App. 2000), and Continental Insurance Cos. v. Hancock, Ky., 507 S.W.2d 146 (1973). Middleton Reutlinger has also been involved in several cases involving insurance company reorganizations and insolvencies. The rights of creditors and policy holders often collide in these cases. Our clients know that we can help them achieve the best results in these complex situations. The firm has been involved in several leading cases concerning structured settlements, including Wentworth v. Jones, 28 S.W.3d 309 (Ky. App. 2000), and Grieve v. General American, 58 F. Supp. 2d 319 (D. Vt. 1999).
Middleton Reutlinger has represented some of the same insurance clients for decades. Our relationships are built on the firm’s experience in this area, and the confidence that our clients have in the firm to aggressively and efficiently represent them in these complex cases.
- November 9, 2017
- President Donald J. Trump Nominates Rebecca Grady Jennings to Serve as a District Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of KentuckySeptember 7, 2017The White House Press Office
- August 15, 2017
- April 2017Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- December 2016Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- November 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- October 2016Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- August 23, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015