Middleton Reutlinger’s intellectual property team is not only the largest in Kentucky, it is also one of the most highly-regarded and active in the Southeast. Each year many of the firm’s attorneys are named “IP Stars” by the highly-respected Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook, and the firm is frequently ranked either as the top or among the top Louisville-based IP legal services providers. But the firm's IP work includes national and global issues, as we routinely protect clients’ interests in regions including: Australia, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Russia. You could say Middleton Reutlinger combines the personal touch of a regional firm with the intellectual scope and abilities of an international one.
What sets Middleton Reutlinger apart is its position on the leading edge of a wide range of IP fields including: biotechnology and life sciences, software and computer, copyright and internet, patent and trademark law, and litigation. We also realize the value trade secrets hold for businesses. We can both advise clients on how to best protect these secrets, and how to most effectively defend them.
Here is just a small sample of our noteworthy IP-centered achievements:
- Acting as successful lead counsel before the U.S. Supreme Court in the landmark decision Moseley v. V. Secret Catalogue, Inc., regarding the Federal Trademark Dilution Act.
- Winning a $28 million judgment for clients in Minco v. Combustion Engineering, in a case centered on patent infringement.
- Handling matters before administrative tribunals including the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, the U.S. Copyright Office, and related appeals to the Federal Circuit.
- Middleton Reutlinger IP attorneys have also handled complex, multi-state cases that protected trade secrets in diverse fields including: the chemical industry, tax preparation franchising, and food processing technology.
Your intellectual property may represent years of hard work and a massive investment of your resources. You can place your trust in Middleton Reutlinger to leverage and protect it.
Middleton Reutlinger assists El Toro in the protection of its intellectual property assets such as trademarks and patents.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Re-Logic with a variety of legal matters, including the protection of its intellectual property assets, licensing and other contract matters.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Hillerich & Bradsby with the development and protection of its intellectual property assets, both in the United States and throughout the world.
Middleton Reutlinger assists HMS Global Maritime in its complex commercial litigation and protects its intellectual property assets, through prosecution and litigation.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Sypris Solutions in obtaining intellectual property protection for their assets and provides experienced commercial litigation counsel among other services.
- May 29, 2018
- May 26, 2018Louisville Business First
- May 22, 2018
- May 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Middleton Reutlinger Obtains Significant Sanctions Award for Local Business In Defense of IP LawsuitApril 27, 2018
- March/April 2018Kentucky Bar Association Bench & Bar
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- August 25, 2017Insider Louisville
- August 15, 2017
- July 20, 2017
- July 19, 20172017 Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook
- May 26, 2017Louisville Business First
- May 15, 2017
- May 15, 2017Insider Louisville
- April 10, 2017Insider Louisville
- March 24, 2017Louisville Business First
- March 13, 2017Insider Louisville
- February 13, 2017Insider Louisville
- January 31, 2017Chamber & Partners
- January 15, 2017Insider Louisville
- November 2016
- November 21, 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- September 22, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- August 2016
- 12 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA® and IP Practice is the Only Band 1 Firm in KentuckyAugust 2, 2016
- June 9, 20162016 Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook
- May 20, 2016Louisville Business First
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 3, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- October 19, 2015WPFL News
- May 20, 2015
- July 11, 2014Louisville Business First
- September 9, 2013Louisville Business First
- July 18, 2013The Voice tribune