Middleton Reutlinger’s litigation practice has been one of the firm’s greatest strengths over the years. More than sixty percent of the firm’s attorneys engage in various types of litigation. The commercial litigation area specializes in a broad variety of commercial business and tort litigation on a local, regional and national level. Attorneys litigate cases throughout Kentucky and the nation, including state, federal and appellate courts. Its attorneys have appeared personally in the United States Supreme Court. The attorneys’ substantial experience in the commercial litigation area includes:
- Intellectual property litigation including patent and trademark infringement and trade secret litigation
- Antitrust and trade litigation
- Class actions
- Environmental litigation
- Land use & development
- Toxic tort litigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Construction litigation
- Contractual litigation
- Uniform Commercial Code litigation
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Estate trust & fiduciary litigation
- Bank and financial institution litigation
- Federal and state tax litigation
- Regulatory actions
- Employment discrimination actions
- General employment litigation
- Non-competition and non-disclosure actions
- Franchise litigation issues
- Family law
- Personal injury defense
- Professional negligence defense, including attorneys and accountants
- General liability defense
- Employment matters
- Intellectual property defense
- Corporate errors and omissions
- Educational defense issues
- Workers compensation defense
Our attorneys have practiced before all levels of federal and state trial and appellate courts in Kentucky and throughout the country, including oral arguments in the Supreme Court of the United States. Several of the attorneys in the commercial litigation area have obtained decisions, which have become benchmarks in reported law.
The firm’s insurance experience also includes complex coverage issues, including policy exclusions and ‘overlapping’ coverage issues between insurance carriers, structured settlement cases and insurance company reorganizations and insolvencies.
Middleton Reutlinger has represented some of its same insurance clients for decades. During this time we have achieved several landmark decisions in the insurance area. Our relationships are built on our experience in this area and the confidence that our clients have in us to aggressively and efficiently represent them in these complex cases.
The common ground of the commercial litigation attorneys is to understand the client’s business needs and achieve the best result consistent with those needs in the most efficient manner.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Jefferson Co. Public Schools in matters related to employment, facilities, workers’ compensation and special education.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Manna Inc. and its affiliates in litigation, employment and corporate advice.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
Middleton Reutlinger assists HMS Global Maritime in its complex commercial litigation and protects its intellectual property assets, through prosecution and litigation.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Sypris Solutions in obtaining intellectual property protection for their assets and provides experienced commercial litigation counsel among other services.
Middleton Reutlinger assisted Zimmer Biomet in transitioning its distributors during the recent merger between their companies. In addition, we have assisted Zimmer Biomet in commercial litigation, as well as protecting the company's rights within their non-compete agreements.
- August 21, 2018
- August 18, 2018
- August 2018
- July 9, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- May 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Middleton Reutlinger Obtains Significant Sanctions Award for Local Business In Defense of IP LawsuitApril 27, 2018
- April 26, 2018
- March/April 2018Kentucky Bar Association Bench & Bar
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- November 21, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- October 15, 2017WDRB Sunday Edition
- September 2017Practical Law
- President Donald J. Trump Nominates Rebecca Grady Jennings to Serve as a District Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of KentuckySeptember 7, 2017The White House Press Office
- August 18, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- April 2017Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- January 31, 2017Chamber & Partners
- December 16, 2016
- December 2016Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- November 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- October 2016Insurance Research Letter (IRL)
- August 23, 2016
- August 2016
- August 2016
- 12 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA® and IP Practice is the Only Band 1 Firm in KentuckyAugust 2, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 3, 2015
- May 20, 2015
- June 27, 2014Louisville Business First
- August 24, 2012Business First of Louisville
- January 1, 2007Louisville Business First