Middleton Reutlinger is committed to serving its clients on an efficient and cost effective basis. Members of the real estate practice group are admitted to practice in a number of states, including Kentucky, Indiana and Georgia.
Middleton Reutlinger handles a wide variety of real estate-related matters on a local, regional and national basis with experience in the following areas:
Real Estate Finance, including construction and development financing, interim, mezzanine and permanent financing, specialized tax credits, sale/leaseback transactions, debt securitization, restructuring, reorganization and bankruptcy counsel.
Real Estate Conveyance, Transfers and Leasing, including the purchase and sale, transfer and leasing of residential, retail, office and industrial properties as well as counsel regarding certain specialized transactions such as Section 1031 Deferred Exchanges.
Real Estate Development, including parcel assembly, acquisition, construction, construction financing, business expansion and relocation.
Land Use and Development including matters involving planning and zoning, building, permits and inspections, utilities, code enforcement, complex real property transactions, environmental concerns and condemnations as well as significant municipal and administrative agency representation. Members of the real estate practice area frequently appear before Planning Commissions, Boards of Zoning Adjustment and federal, state and local agencies. Attorneys also appear before numerous city and neighborhood councils for various public hearings and town hall meetings necessary to negotiate and win approvals for zone changes, conditional use permits, variances and related land use applications. Attorneys in our real estate practice group also have extensive trial experience.
The firm’s real estate practice group has represented and counseled real estate brokers and brokerage companies in connection with statutory and regulatory compliance as well as commission agreement disputes.
Representative clients of the real estate practice area include local, regional and national development companies, financial institutions, brokerages, both large and small. Middleton Reutlinger’s real estate practice group regularly engages in projects that include office, retail, industrial, residential, rental, multi- and single-family developments, resort properties and recreational developments
Middleton Reutlinger assists Jefferson Co. Public Schools in matters related to employment, facilities, workers’ compensation and special education.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
- 27 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized as 2020 Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Kentucky Rising Stars®November 27, 2019
- 21 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers and 7 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars for 2019December 7, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- July 3, 2018
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- November 21, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- November 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 2016
- 12 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA® and IP Practice is the Only Band 1 Firm in KentuckyAugust 2, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- May 20, 2015