The firm’s knowledgeable and experienced trademark attorneys engage in an extensive trademark practice including:
- Providing advice and consultation regarding trademark and brand development, clearance, registration and infringement
- Filing prosecution and maintenance of applications and registrations in the U.S. Trademark Office and state trademark offices
- Management of trademark portfolios and development of corporate brand guidelines
- Trademark infringement litigation
- Handling trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Assistance with counterfeiting issues
- Preparation of licensing and distribution agreements
- Review of advertising issues
- Counseling regarding the rights of privacy and publicity and use of intellectual property on social media
The firm’s trademark practice extends internationally with the support of a network of foreign trademark counsel throughout the world. As a result, we routinely assist our clients with the protection and enforcement of their brands outside of the U.S.
The International Trademark Association (INTA) has long recognized the firm’s trademark expertise. Our trademark attorneys were invited by INTA to author the Kentucky Chapter of INTA’s authoritative treatise, State Law of Trademarks and Unfair Competition, and we have been Kentucky editors of the yearly updates to that treatise since 1989.
Middleton Reutlinger assists El Toro in the protection of its intellectual property assets such as trademarks and patents.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Re-Logic with a variety of legal matters, including the protection of its intellectual property assets, licensing and other contract matters.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Hillerich & Bradsby with the development and protection of its intellectual property assets, both in the United States and throughout the world.
Middleton Reutlinger assists HMS Global Maritime in its complex commercial litigation and protects its intellectual property assets, through prosecution and litigation.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Sypris Solutions in obtaining intellectual property protection for their assets and provides experienced commercial litigation counsel among other services.
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- August 25, 2017Insider Louisville
- August 15, 2017
- July 20, 2017
- July 19, 20172017 Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook
- May 26, 2017Louisville Business First
- May 15, 2017
- April 10, 2017Insider Louisville
- February 13, 2017Insider Louisville
- January 15, 2017Insider Louisville
- November 21, 2016
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- September 22, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- August 2016
- August 2016
- 12 Middleton Reutlinger Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA® and IP Practice is the Only Band 1 Firm in KentuckyAugust 2, 2016
- June 9, 20162016 Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook
- May 20, 2016Louisville Business First
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
- November 3, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- September 9, 2013Louisville Business First
- Of Counsel