Augustus Herbert practices in the litigation area, concentrating in employment law, insurance defense, commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation. Mr. Herbert has also counseled and represented numerous employers concerning FMLA, ADA, EEOC, wage and hour, statutory compliance, discrimination defense, and other employment law related issues.
Mr. Herbert has an extensive background in insurance defense and commercial litigation. He has successfully represented clients in jurisdictional/venue disputes in state and federal courts.
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, 2015 - 2018
- Wilson v. Case, Ky., 85 S.W.3d 589 (2002)
- DCMicro v. Lange, 246 F. Supp.2d 705 (W.D. Ky 2003)
Learn More About My Experience
Middleton Reutlinger assisted Zimmer Biomet in transitioning its distributors during the recent merger between their companies. In addition, we have assisted Zimmer Biomet in commercial litigation, as well as protecting the company's rights within their non-compete agreements.
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Louisville Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Past Chair
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. Order of the Coif, 1989
University of Notre Dame, B.A., magna cum laude, 1986