Brooks Alexander practices primarily in the areas of taxation, business and estate planning. His practice includes tax and business planning and structuring for close-held entities and their owners.
Mr. Alexander’s work often involves the implementation and coordination of the estate tax plan, the ownership succession plan and the income tax plan for closely-held business entities. He is a frequent speaker at estate planning seminars.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Alexander worked as a Certified Public Accountant and tax specialist for a national accounting firm. He is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Louisville, the Kentucky and Louisville Bar Associations. Mr. Alexander is a past member of the Boards of the Louisville Bar Foundation, the Home of the Innocents, the Widowed Persons Service and the Anchorage Public Education Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Louisville Magazine's Top Lawyers in trusts, wills and estates law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 1972
University of Kentucky, B.S., 1967