Daniel W. Redding is a member of the litigation and intellectual property litigation practice groups and serves as the Attorney Recruitment Chair for Middleton Reutlinger. He represents clients in a broad range of business disputes, with a particular focus on intellectual property litigation. Mr. Redding also has significant experience in administrative proceedings as well as state and federal appellate courts.
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Kentucky Rising Stars®, business litigation, 2015 - 2018
- Represented a leading provider of leak detection software for the petrochemical industry in a case in the Southern District of Texas involving numerous patent, copyright and contract claims. Case successfully resolved.
- Represented a manufacturer of handheld power tools in a case in the Eastern District of Wisconsin involving multiple patents related to lithium battery packs. Case successfully resolved.
- Represented local business in a case in the District of Utah in defense of claims of patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and breach of contract related to a process for preparation of ice cream using liquid nitrogen. Obtained dismissal of all claims and an award of the client’s full fees, costs and expenses incurred in the case as sanctions.
- Represented a telecommunications sales agency in an arbitration against a telecommunications company involving claims that the company had failed to properly pay commissions due under an agreement. The arbitration was tried to an award and the client received an award of nearly $4,000,000.
- Represented local clients in an arbitration related to a real estate purchase contract. The arbitration was tried to an award in the clients' favor.
- Represented a tobacco manufacturer in various proceedings, including before state and federal appellate courts, involving the tobacco master settlement agreement and complex constitutional and antitrust issues.
- Represented a Kentucky company specializing in sales of industrial vibratory conveyors in contract dispute with conveyor manufacturer. Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor on all asserted claims and counterclaims.
- May 3, 2018
- Middleton Reutlinger Obtains Significant Sanctions Award for Local Business In Defense of IP LawsuitApril 27, 2018
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Assistant lacrosse coach, Saint Xavier High School and Sacred Heart Academy
- Host Committee, Louisville Uncorked
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
College of William & Mary, J.D., 2009
University of Virginia, B.A., History, 2006