Elizabeth Golden Powell represents clients in a broad range of business and commercial disputes, including disputes involving fiduciary duties, contract and business torts, and restrictive covenants. Ms. Powell also has significant experience defending professional errors and omission claims against attorneys, defending personal injury claims against transportation companies, and representing individuals and fiduciaries in estate and trust disputes. In addition, Ms. Powell has represented clients on election advocacy and litigation matters. Ms. Powell is an Associate Fellow of the prestigious Litigation Counsel of America and has been recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers, as a Kentucky Rising Star in Business Litigation from 2013-2017.
In addition to her litigation work, Ms. Powell assists clients with legal compliance related to marketing and promotions.
Prior to joining Middleton Reutlinger, Ms. Powell was a law clerk for Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove, United States District Judge in the Eastern District of Kentucky. During law school, Ms. Powell served as Senior Articles Editor of The Louisville Law Review and was a member of the negotiation Moot Court Team.
Outside of her practice, Ms. Powell is actively involved in the local community and serves as the Advisory Board Chair of Christ Church School.
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Kentucky Rising Stars®, business litigation, 2013 - 2017
Learn More About My Experience
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018December 6, 2017
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- 27 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016December 1, 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Litigation Counsel of America, Associate Fellow
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove, United States District Judge in the Eastern District of Kentucky, Law Clerk
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
Georgetown College, B.S., magna cum laude, 2004