Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins concentrates her practice on all aspects of family law including divorce and post-divorce issues, division or sale of business due to divorce, custody, child support, mediation as well as wills and estate planning documents.
Ms. Jenkins is regularly appointed by the Family Court bench to mediate disputes, represent children and assist in high conflict parent coordination.
Ms. Jenkins has 22 years of legal experience concentrating the last 18 years in family law. Her strong background in finance and business enhances her practice. After graduating magna cum laude from Colgate University, Ms. Jenkins was employed as foreign currency arbitrageur on the Mercantile Exchange in Chicago while attending University of Chicago Graduate School Business. She then worked in the actuarial department of an insurance company rating policies and marketing employee benefit plans before attending University of Virginia School of Law. Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Jenkins clerked at the District of Columbia Court of Appeals prior to relocating to Louisville to practice law.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Martindale Hubbell Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Louisville Magazine's Top Lawyers in Family Law
- Appointed Member of the Kentucky Bar Association Fee Arbitration Panel
Professional & Community Activities
- Kentucky Bar Association, Life Fellow
- Louisville Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Jefferson County Family Court Divorce Practice Group
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
University of Virginia, J.D., 1992
Colgate University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 1983