G. Kennedy Hall, Jr. is a courtroom litigator. He brings a strong business, insurance, and self-insurance background to the practice. Mr. Hall has substantial experience in workers’ compensation, fire litigation, all areas of liability litigation, including general product, environmental, maritime and professional, trucking and employment litigation. He has formed and managed a Third Party Administrator company. Mr. Hall has established a strong record before juries in both the state and federal courts. He has represented clients in numerous mediations and other alternative dispute options. His trial experience includes appellate practice before the state and federal appeals court systems, including the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Hall has experience in international litigation and business activities. He also has experience in managing multiple-institution lender work-out plans and foreclosures on a nationwide basis, as well as ERISA based class action litigation. Mr. Hall has served as Kentucky counsel for various national and international companies, including R. R. Donnelley & Sons, Co., Gallagher Bassett Services, and numerous local and national businesses.
He has been active in the Louisville Bar Association and served on the board and in various committee positions. Mr. Hall serves on the boards of various community and non-profit organizations and has served as an ordained Deacon for many years.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® 2007 - 2017 in employment litigation defense
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2012 - 2017 in workers' compensation
- Louisville Magazine's Top Lawyers in workers' compensation
Professional & Community Activities
- Louisville Bar Association
- St. Matthews Pastoral Counseling Center
- HeartsForKenya (a d/b/a of PlaySource International)
- Deacon in the Baptist Church, ordained by St. Matthews Baptist Church
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 1979
University of Kentucky, M.A., 1970
Samford University, B.A., 1968