Nic Evans is an associate in the business law practice group. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate, business acquisitions, finance, construction, mechanic’s liens, foreclosure matters, general breach of contract claims, and collection issues. Further, Nic acts as outside general counsel for clients by providing day-to-day support, including implementing legal procedures, advising on employment matters, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts.
Honors & Awards
CALI Award: European Union Seminar
- Represented a local technology start-up in its business formation and financing efforts.
- Represented a local fitness company in its business formation.
- Represented a minority member in negotiations of the formation of a remodeling company.
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of a local construction company.
- Represented the seller in the sale of their membership interest in a restaurant chain.
- Represented a local business in its succession planning and corporate restructuring.
Professional & Community Activities
Member, Kentucky Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
- When Adequate Is Not Adequate, Journal of Law and Education, 2017
- Guest Commentator, Louisville Companies Need to Take a Look at New EU Business Regulation, Louisville Business First, 2018
- Commonwealth of KY
- Western District of KY
- Western District of KY, Bankruptcy
- Eastern District of KY
University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, J.D., 2017
University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, M.B.A., 2017
Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, B.A., 2013
- Major: International relations
- Minor: Mandarin Chinese