Rebecca Grady Jennings is a director in the firm and chair of the litigation practice group. Ms. Jennings has a range of litigation experience defending class actions, prosecuting and defending unfair competition claims, professional malpractice and general business litigation. Her prosecution and defense of unfair competition includes breach of contract claims, patent and trademark litigation and restrictive covenants. Ms. Jennings is a proactive litigator with trial and e-discovery experience. Her practice includes appellate representation in all practice areas.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Kentucky Rising Stars®, civil litigation defense, 2013 - 2017
Business and Intellectual Property Litigation
- Successfully prosecuted multiple cases involving enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants for large restaurant franchisee against misappropriation of trade secrets, Lanham Act trademark infringement, unfair competition and tortuous interference of business relations resulting in permanent injunctions.
- Successfully defended local utility at trial of negligence claims for personal injuries resulting in a zero jury verdict.
- Successfully garnered agreed settlements for permanent injunctions to enforce franchisor’s non-competition and non-solicitation agreements against former employees for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Successfully defended national advertising company in federal court against class action claims of violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract claim for national credit/debt card processing company against large national bank for failure to provide reconciliation services.
- Successfully defended investment broker against claims of failure to comply with terms of non-competition covenants made with his former employer.
- Successfully defended real estate management company against claims of breach of fiduciary duty in $72 million dollar property transaction.
- Successfully represented national health care company in opposition proceedings to defend its registered trademark before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Represented former state senatorial candidate in state court and in front of State Senate Committee proceedings regarding election qualifications.
Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Successfully defended large law firm against $80 million dollar claim of former client for negligence in litigating a contracts dispute.
- Successfully defended large law firm in state court and in front of the Kentucky Bar Association against claims of ethical malpractice and conflict of interest.
- Successfully defended law firm in federal district court against class action claims for violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Education and Employment Law Litigation
- Successfully defended Kentucky school district in federal court against class action claims of civil rights violations in regards to single sex class offerings by national activism organization.
- Defended Kentucky school district against claims of former employee in front of the KEA tribunal.
- Defended Kentucky school districts in Due Process administrative proceedings.
- Defended Kentucky school districts against Office of Civil Rights (OCR) complaints and Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) complaints filed by employees and on behalf of students.
- Defended Kentucky school districts against Title IX claims for academic and athletic opportunities.
- Defended former school district employee in regards to retirement pay calculations in Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System (KTRS) administrative proceedings.
Learn More About My Experience
Middleton Reutlinger assists Jefferson Co. Public Schools in matters related to employment, facilities, workers’ compensation and special education.
Middleton Reutlinger assists Louisville Water with matters related to personal injury/property damage, litigation, business services and corporate law.
- 22 Middleton Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and Nine Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2017November 18, 2016
- August 24, 2012Business First of Louisville
- January 1, 2007Louisville Business First
Professional & Community Activities
- Kentucky Bar Association
- KBA Joint Local Federal Rules Commission
- Louisville Bar Association
- United States District Judge in the Middle District of Tennessee, Judge William J. Haynes, Jr., Clerk
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2002
Emory University, B.A., 1999