Scott Higdon is a registered patent attorney in the firm’s intellectual property practice group. Mr. Higdon concentrates his practice on patent prosecution, patent counseling, and post-grant practice for software and electrical technologies. Mr. Higdon has experience developing patent portfolios for companies of all sizes, from small startups to large multi-national corporations.
While obtaining his electrical engineering degree, Mr. Higdon was employed with the Navy, working on software, signal processing, and data analysis projects related to a gun weapons system for Navy Guided Missile Destroyer Ships. During law school, he was employed in the consumer appliance industry as a quality control engineer performing work on electrical control systems for various household appliances.
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Kentucky Rising Stars®, intellectual property, 2013 - 2017
Learn More About My Experience
Middleton Reutlinger assists El Toro in the protection of its intellectual property assets such as trademarks and patents.
Professional & Community Activities
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Vice-Chair of Intellectual Property Section
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Speed School Alumni Council
- Graduate of Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, J.D., cum laude, 2008
University of Louisville, Speed Scientific School, B.S.E. in Electrical Engineering, cum laude, 2005