Timothy O’Mara concentrates his practice in the area of employment law, including workers’ compensation, OSHA and EEOC matters. He leads the firm’s workers’ compensation group and regularly defends employers, insurance companies and self-insurance groups in claims before the Department of Workers’ Claims, Court of Appeals and Kentucky Supreme Court. Mr. O’Mara has experience in occupational disease claims, including claims of disability due to exposure to asbestos, coal-dust and industrial chemicals.
Prior to joining Middleton Reutlinger, Mr. O’Mara was Assistant General Counsel for the Kentucky Department of Labor where he defended workers’ compensation claims and prosecuted contested OSHA citations.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America® in workers' compensation-employers, since 1995
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® in workers' compensation, 2007-2016
- Louisville Magazine's Top Lawyers in workers' compensation, since 2012
- Paramount Foods v. Burkhardt, Ky., which set the standard for appellate review of workers’ compensation cases in Kentucky.
Learn More About My Experience
Middleton Reutlinger assists Jefferson Co. Public Schools in matters related to employment, facilities, workers’ compensation and special education.
Professional & Community Activities
- Workers’ Compensation Section of the Kentucky Bar Association, Member and Former Chair
- Workers’ Compensation Board Advisory Committee, Former Member
- Commissioner’s Advisory Committee for Comprehensive 24-Hour Managed Care, Former Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 1973
Spring Hill College, B.A., 1970