William T. Donnell is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried state and federal court cases. Mr. Donnell spends the majority of his time defending personal injury lawsuits for various trucking companies and insurers, primarily in the areas of trucking accidents, transportation litigation, professional negligence and automobile liability.
Mr. Donnell has tried numerous transportation cases to verdict and has extensive experience defending commercial transportation and trucking companies. Mr. Donnell has experience defending extra contractual “bad faith” claims involving automobile or transportation policies and insurers.
Mr. Donnell has attended and presented numerous CLE’s on trucking accident, automobile liability and insurance. Included in Mr. Donnell’s experience are Trucking Industry Defense, Insurance Industry Defense including “bad faith” or extra contractual, Professional Liability Litigation and Premises and Commercial Liability Defense.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury - General: Defense
Professional & Community Activities
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- The Defense Research Institute, DRI Trucking Law Committee
- ABA Transportation Committee
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Associations
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
University of Kentucky, J.D., with distinction, 1993
University of Tennessee, B.A., with high honors, 1990